Friday, January 12, 2007

News to Move the Market

Hey Dow, S&P and Nasdaq.....what's the deal? Are you aware that I am waiting for you to pull back? Well, I am STILL waiting for that significant pullback, but every day I am feeling less confident that it will happen. I may have to take drastic measures to make the market move....I may just have to buy!

Just wanted to take a look at next week and see what could be market moving news. There is a load of economic news next week, including PPI, CPI, Fed's Beige Book and some Housing Data. All of these reports will have an impact on the market, but will it be enough to make a sustained move in either direction? We will have to wait and see.

Earnings of note for next week are Intel (16th), Apple (17th) and Motorola (19th). These have been definite market movers in the past. The market may just continue to shrug off any bad news, which is very bullish. I am still in the camp that 2007 will be a good year for stocks, and there is the old saying that as goes January so goes the year. So I may just have to wait until February for my pullback. If it doesn't materialize well then I guess I will have to take those drastic measures, bite the bullet and buy.
Happy Trading!

No comments: